Fees and Insurance
I am currently accepting new clients. Please contact me directly to discuss my current rate for psychotherapy and testing services. Reduced fee services may be available for students or those with other special circumstances. I ask that you pay my fee at the start of each session. I accept cash, checks and credit cards and am able to provide you with a weekly or monthly statement of services rendered.
I am an “out-of-network” provider for most insurance companies. Many insurance plans have “out-of-network” benefits that typically reimburse between 50% and 80% of costs after your deductible is met. I will provide you with receipts that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Your insurance company will process your claim, and reimburse you directly according to your benefit plan. In addition, most flexible spending plans consider services provided by a licensed psychologist as a “qualifying expense.” Some flexible spending plans also provide you with a debit card for ease of access to therapeutic services.
It is important to find out exactly what mental health services your insurance policy covers before the initial consultation. In order to learn more about your benefits, please call your insurance company directly. Before calling make sure you have your insurance card and let them know that you are calling to inquire about your coverage provided by an out-of-network provider who is a licensed psychologist. The representative may ask for specific information about me. My provider information is as follows:
Sadia R. Chaudhury, Ph.D.
Office Location (please select appropriate address)
330 West 58th St, Suite 313 61-43 186th Street, Suite 616
New York, NY 10019 Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
NY License # 68 019690
National Provider Identification (NPI) number: 1447508783
Ask for the following details about your benefits:
- Does your plan include “out-of-network” coverage for mental health?
- Is there a limit on the number of sessions your plan will cover per year for a licensed psychologist?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session with a psychologist?
- What is your annual deductible for mental health benefits? If so, has your deductible been met?
- Does your plan require pre-authorization for psychotherapy or psychological testing?
The representative may ask for a CPT (Clinical Procedure Terminology) code for the service you plan to receive. Please note that the CPT codes for my most frequently provided services are as follows:
- Intake/Diagnostic Interview: 90801 (used for initial session)
- Individual Psychotherapy: 90806 (used for ongoing psychotherapy)
- Family Therapy without Client Present: 90846
- Family Therapy with Client Present: 90847
- Group Therapy: 90853
- Psychological Testing: 96101
I am happy to provide assistance and fill out any necessary paperwork in order to help you receive your entitled benefits.